Thursday, January 7, 2010

Smilies =P

So, how're you all my fellow readers? Today's post is about SMILIES!!! Personally I am a huge abuser/rapist/harrasser of smilies ^^ (That is a good thing XD). I really think smilies should be used by everyone online. They really do help cheer the guy/girl on the other end up XD and also help display your facial expression ^^ (I am smiling at this very moment).

The smilies I abuse/rape/harrass are these ones:

^^ = The general purpose 'cheerful' smilie. This one is basically uses when I'm very happy or trying to soften the tone of something ^^ (Was originally ^_^)

XD = The cheeky smilie. Along with ^^, these two are the most commonly abused smilies by me. They are mah FAVOURITES!!!! Haha! Also used for general purposes ^^ (Was originally xD)

>< The 'nooooooo!' smilie. Used to show a soft-hearted dislike ^^

---" The "Whaaat..." or "Wtf..." smilie. A great smilie to use when responding to fails. (Was originally -_-")

Those are the ones I currently (well, kinda currently) use. I'm thinking of adding the =P and the =3= smilie to the list of commonly abused smilies, but they haven't gotten into my habit yet XD

So, why I think smilies are cool:
> They show your emotions really well. Way better than a 'Haha' (cos that just sounds sarcastic and unenthusiastic XD)
> They make the other person cheerful, like you want to talk to they and you're having a great time chatting ^^
> They look cool!!!!

Haha, my readers, make sure you use smilies in your texts, emails, messages cos they DO make the receiving end feel better and happy ^^ I swear I'll be using smilies even when I'm like 30. I am like totally addicted to using them, such a habit!

Have a tiiiiime guys!

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha (Sorry, couldn't help it)

    Why you shouldn't use smilies in texts:
    -it takes up unnecessary space!!

    and ---" looks NOTHING like a smilie

    and..what the heck is =3= <---this?!?! It looks like a dead...magikarp...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dead magikarp...? How does that look ANYTHING like a dead magikarp. -.-

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes up space in texts, but hey that's why I change 'you' to 'u' and 'are' to 'r', all to conserve space ^^

    ---" is my 3-eyed "whaaaaat" smilie. Or maybe the middle hyphen is the mouth...

    =3= bascially has the same meaning as ---" but it looks funnier ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. BunBun, U-U-UNNECCESSARY SPACE?!?! What is this? Madness?!?!

    BunBun, wtf you on about? Dead Magikarp? IT IS TOTALLY A GULPIN, j00 POKEMON NOOB XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAA

    I just said the first thing that came into my head, okay? Haha

    ReplyDelete